New Student Photo Identification and Building Access
As a new student, you must obtain a Stanford Student ID Card and Stanford Hospital Photo ID Badge. Please see instructions below. If you have specific questions or concerns after reviewing this information, please contact Michileen Oberst in the Office of Graduate Education (email@example.com).
1. Stanford University Student ID Card
All graduate students must obtain a Stanford ID card. You may upload a photo as soon as your SUNet ID and password are set up. The online process is convenient and your card will be waiting for you when you arrive on campus.
The Campus Card (known as the Stanford ID Card, University ID, or Student ID) serves as an identification card and an electronic key card granting access to:
- Campus libraries and recreational facilities
- Student health services
- Purchase tickets for athletic events
- Buy books, food, goods, and services at various campus locations
Campus Card Services Office
ID Cards are issued by the Campus Card Office, located in Tresidder Union at 459 Lagunita Drive (2nd floor, next to the Ticket Office). For more information, submit a help ticket or call 650-498-CARD or (8-2273).
The fourth floor of the Li Ka Shing Center (LKSC) is open only to School of Medicine graduate and Medical students, including students in all of the Biosciences programs. Featuring a view of the Stanford hills, this exclusive student center features a fitness center, entertainment lounge, kitchen, study and meeting rooms, computers and printers, and even a nap room.
Fitness Center Rules and Waiver Form
LKSC’s Fitness Center is a 24-hour badge access facility. LKSC building management requires students to complete the LKSC Fitness Center Waiver Form in order to receive access to the facility.
Incoming students will be sent an email link to the waiver form in August. If you are a returning student who needs help gaining access to the LKSC fourth floor and/or fitness center, please contact Michileen Oberst (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a link to the waiver form. Make sure to specify a) whether you already have a SOM ID badge already and b) to which area(s) you’re requesting access.
LKSC and Fitness Center Resources
- LKSC Code of Conduct
- LKSC Fitness Center Waiver Form – available via email; contact Michileen Oberst (email@example.com)
- Campus Recreation Facility Policies
As a Biosciences PhD Student you will be required to carry a Stanford Hospital Photo ID while at the School of Medicine Campus, Stanford Hospital & Clinics and Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital.
Biosciences students’ Stanford Hospital badge is also used to access School of Medicine buildings including the Li Ka Shing Center (LKSC). This badge is for your own use and is not to be loaned or passed to anyone at any time. In order to receive your badge and the access it grants you, you are required to fill out a fitness center waiver form and a space usage agreement.
The Office of Graduate Education manages badge access to the student center and fitness center on the fourth floor of LKSC. For badge access to other buildings and labs at the School of Medicine, inquire with your department or building manager.
- The space usage agreement and waiver form will be sent to you via email in August before your first year in your Biosciences graduate program.
- Once you receive an email that your badge has been approved by the Office of Graduate Education (usually after Labor Day), go to the Stanford Medicine Photo ID Office to obtain your badge.
- Let the Photo ID administrators know you are a Biosciences graduate student.
- Bring proof of identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport).
- You will be asked to sign a Hospital Photo ID Agreement Form.
- Your photo will be taken and your ID badge printed on site.
The Stanford Medicine Security Office/Photo ID Office is located on lower level of the Stanford Hospital (see map). If at any time you have a question about your badge or if your badge is not working properly, you can visit the Photo ID office or contact them directly at 650-498-6290 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.