Financial Support Resources
Special Grants and Loans
- Office of Financial Aid – support programs for challenging financial situations: Stanford has created a number of programs specifically for graduate students dealing with challenging financial situations, including a family grant program, emergency grant-in-aid, and a housing loan to help with the costs of moving off campus.
- Biosciences Hardship Program: Spring 2019 pilot program intended to address the needs of students who are experiencing a financial hardship related to the cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area or other factors.
Fellowships and Funding
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education (VPGE): VPGE offers a number of special funding opportunities for graduate students, including fellowships and grants for individuals and groups.
- Your department or home program: Your home program’s student services officer or program director can provide you with information about fellowships and other forms of grant assistance; research assistantships; teaching assistantships; and external funding sources.
Financial Literacy and Taxes
- Mind Over Money: financial literacy training, individualized coaching, academic courses, and money management tools
- Student Financial Services: list of recommended tax resources for both international and domestic students
- Bechtel International Center: tax resources for international students