Recruitment and Visits
The Stanford Biosciences Home Programs seek to recruit to their PhD programs talented individuals from non-dominant identity groups who are interested in biomedical research. Stanford administrators, students, and faculty attend national science research conferences, including:
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)National Conference
- American Indians in Science and Engineering Society (AISES) National Conference
- Northern and Southern California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education
- McNair Scholars National and Regional Conferences
The Stanford Biosciences Home Programs attend graduate school information fairs, and members of the Stanford community also participate in individualized information sessions at colleges and universities across the country.
Contact the Office of Graduate Education for more information on requesting a campus visit.