SSRP-AMGEN Scholars Program
UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19 (updated 11/17/20):
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of every SSRP scholar is our upmost priority. In keeping with Stanford’s social distancing policy, SSRP 2021 will be offered as a 100% remote research program independent of the Amgen Scholars Program.
SSRP welcomes highly talented visiting undergraduates to apply – no prior research experience, including bioinformatic research experience, is necessary to apply or participate. For the SSRP 2021 remote program, SSRP scholars will be placed into research labs based on their current bioinformatic proficiency so that they can grow to their potential.
The application will open on November 23, 2020 and close on February 1, 2021. Application link can be found in the “program application” section of the website.
Updates on the status of virtual programming will be posted here.
The SSRP-Amgen Scholars Program is a fully-funded research-intensive residential program that takes place on Stanford’s beautiful campus for a nine-week period. Participants are matched with a member of Stanford’s distinguished faculty and work in one of our state-of-the-art research facilities. Each participant works with both a faculty member and a lab mentor to craft a research project. The lab environment provides challenging projects and involves a broad range of research techniques that are feasible within the nine-week period. The program culminates with a research symposium, where students present individual talks and posters on their summer projects in front of their peers, faculty, lab mentors, University administrators, and general public.
In addition to research, our program also provides:
- Week-long data workshop series (new addition for the remote program)
- GRE Test Preparation Course
- Professional development workshops
- Expansion of students’ knowledge in various scientific fields through faculty lectures and journal clubs
- Guidance in the process of applying to PhD programs
- Personalized assistance with graduate school personal statements, CV’s, and presentation skills
- Summer housing, meals, and travel to and from Stanford
- $3,600 stipend
- Social outings to local destinations, such as the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and San Francisco
This program is intended for students pursuing PhD programs.
Please browse and download our brochure (PDF)