The ADVANCE Undergraduate Institute (AUI) is a three-day intensive institute sponsored by Stanford Biosciences taking place March 21st-23rd, 2024. AUI is designed to introduce aspiring scientists to the Stanford University campus and provide guidance on the graduate school admissions process. After completing the three-day institute, students have access to the AUI network and can engage with previous participants who are currently enrolled in a PhD in the Biosciences.
*AUI participants receive overnight accommodations, meals, travel to and from Stanford, and free access to the full schedule of events.
Currently, AUI is limited to students from US-based institutions.
Application Opens: Monday, November 20th, 2023.
Application closes on January 12, 2024.
- Continuing student at a 4-year university
- Completed at least 2 semesters or 3 quarters
- Graduating seniors taking a gap year are welcome to apply
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a PhD in the biosciences (i.e. prior scientific research experience or intent to participate in research in the upcoming academic year)
- Completed application, submitted by the January 12th, 2024 deadline.
- Unofficial transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation
- Recommendation letter(s) from someone familiar with your previous research and/or graduate level research potential (PIs, research program directors, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Recommendation letter(s) should touch upon your capacity and motivation to conduct research at the graduate level.
- Check out these Ten Simple Rules for Navigating the Reference Letter Seeking Process
- Application closes on January 12, 2024 at 11:59pm PST
- Selected participants notified by the end of February; selected participants will have 48 hours to accept or decline their offer.
- ADVANCE Undergraduate Institute program dates are March 21 – March 23, 2024
Click here to APPLY to AUI 2024
Questions? Email the Director, Marco Monroy, PhD at email@example.com and include “AUI” in the subject line.