UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19:
For more information about Stanford University’s response to COVID-19, please visit https://healthalerts.stanford.edu. For information regarding Stanford’s response to summer programs, please visit this Stanford Health Alerts webpage and scroll to the bottom of the page.
The 2024 SSRP application is open as of November 1, 2023.
2024 Stanford Summer Research Program Dates: June 22 – August 17, 2024. SSRP 2024 will be an in-person experience this coming summer.
- Application Open Date: November 1, 2023
- Application Materials Due: February 1, 2024 at 11:59 PM PDT
- Admission Notifications Sent: Mid-March through April 9, 2024
The SSRP-Amgen Scholars Program is a fully-funded research-intensive residential program that takes place on Stanford’s beautiful campus for a eight-week period. Participants are matched with a member of Stanford’s distinguished faculty and work in one of our state-of-the-art research facilities. Each participant works with both a faculty member and a lab mentor to craft a research project. The lab environment provides challenging projects and involves a broad range of research techniques that are feasible within the eight-week period. The program culminates with a research symposium, where students present individual talks and posters on their summer projects in front of their peers, faculty, lab mentors, University administrators, and general public.
In addition to research, our program also provides:
- Week-long data workshop series
- Professional development workshops
- Expansion of students’ knowledge in various scientific fields through faculty lectures and journal clubs
- Guidance in the process of applying to PhD programs
- Personalized assistance with graduate school personal statements, CV’s, and presentation skills
- Summer housing, meals, and travel to and from Stanford
- $4,800 stipend and flex card
- Social outings to local destinations, such as the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, San Francisco, and Great America Theme Park
This program is intended for students pursuing PhD programs.
If you have questions regarding the Stanford Summer Research Program, please read the FAQs first. If your questions are not answered, please contact:
Stanford Summer Research Program