ADVANCE Undergraduate Institute
The ADVANCE Undergraduate Institute is a three-day intensive institute sponsored by the Stanford Biosciences and the Stanford Black Bioscience Organization. The AUI is designed to introduce diverse sophomores and juniors to the Stanford University campus and provide guidance in the graduate school admissions process. After completing the three-day institute, students will then join the AUI network and engage with previous participants who are currently pursuing and/or enrolled in a Ph.D. and/or MD/Ph.D. program. Eligible applicants should be interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in the Biosciences.
Program participants receive overnight accommodations, meals, travel to and from Stanford, and free access to the full schedule of events.
- Will open October 29, 2020
- Apply here
- January 20, 2020
Eligibility and Application Requirements:
- Current sophomore or junior at 4-year university
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a PhD in the biosciences (i.e. prior scientific research experience or intent to participate in research in the upcoming academic year)
- Completed application submitted by the deadline
- Copy of an unofficial transcript
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Application closes on January 20, 2020 at 11:59pm PST
- Selected participants notified early February; selected participants will have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer
- ADVANCE Undergraduate Institute program dates are March 18 to March 21, 2020
- Recommendation letters from someone familiar with your previous research and/or graduate level research potential (PIs, research program directors, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Recommendation letters should touch upon your capacity and motivation to conduct research at the graduate level.
AUI 2020 & Stanford Summer Research Program (SSRP)
Applicants who wish to be considered for both Stanford Preview and the Stanford Summer Research Program (SSRP) can apply to both programs. Selection for Preview does not guarantee an offer to participate in SSRP (or vice versa).
Questions? Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com