Stanford Preview is a three-day program sponsored by the Stanford Biosciences and the Stanford Black Bioscience Organization. The program is designed to introduce diverse sophomores and juniors to the Stanford University campus and provide guidance in the graduate school admissions process. Eligible applicants should be interested in pursuing a PhD in the Biosciences.
Program participants receive overnight accommodations, meals, travel to and from Stanford, and free access to the full schedule of events.
APPLY HERE by January 21, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
Eligibility and Application Requirements:
- Current sophomore or junior at 4-year university
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a PhD in the biosciences (i.e. prior scientific research experience or intent to participate in research in the upcoming academic year)
- Completed application submitted by the deadline
- Copy of an unofficial transcript
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Must be available for the entire program (from March 15-17, 2018)
- Application closes on January 21, 2018 at 11:59pm PST
- Selected participants notified early February; selected participants will have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer
- Stanford Preview begins on March 15, 2018
- All applicants to Preview must have one recommendation, sent directly from their recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: For applicants who submitted their Preview application prior to December 22, 2017, we will email your recommender directly with information about letter submission.
- Recommendation letters from someone familiar with your previous research and/or graduate level research potential (PIs, research program directors, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Recommendation letters should touch upon the your capacity and motivation to conduct research at the graduate level.
Preview 2018 & Stanford Summer Research Program (SSRP)
Applicants who wish to be considered for both Stanford Preview and the Stanford Summer Research Program (SSRP) can apply to both programs using a single application. If you meet eligibility requirements for Preview and SSRP and would like to be considered for both, please complete only the Preview application and carefully read the notes below.
- Please review the SSRP website for more details about the program including information about eligibility, program dates, and expectations.
- To be considered for both programs, you must have an additional letter of recommendation submitted on your behalf (total of 2 recommendations).
- Selection for Preview does not guarantee an offer to participate in SSRP (or vice versa).
Questions? Feel free to contact Bryan Thomas Jr., Assistant Director of Graduate Education – Programs and Diversity at email@example.com.